New technologies have allowed buyers to learn more about companies and industries than ever before. As a result, buyers are self-educated and post-pone interactions with salespeople. When they do decide to take the next step, their focus is more on price. This has created a commodities market in which companies believe have to be the low price leader instead of finding new ways to differentiate themselves.
The most successful businesses recognize the importance of personal interaction with a salesperson as being the biggest factor in making buying decisions. According to a recent study, buyers want personal interaction with a salesperson.
When buyers were asked “what is the most effective way to communicate to someone in B2B environment?” here’s what their answers were:
- At the consideration phase, buyers want personal interaction with a salesperson.
- When conducting an evaluation, they want personal interaction with a salesperson.
- When they’re ready to buy, buyers want personal interaction with a salesperson.
- When buyers have made the purchase, they don’t want to be contacted by the salesperson again.
Understanding that we do compete in a commodities market, the best way to equip salespeople to overcome the price objection is with better skills and technology resources to answer any question the customer might spring on them at any point in time. There are three different types of content a salesperson can use in their consultation:
- Static content – this is usually printed content in the form of sales sheets, brochures and fliers.
- Engaging content – this is consumed through audio or video, like a testimonial or tutorial video.
- Active content – this allows the salesperson to provide customized content. By answering a few questions face-to-face, this content will spit out information the salesperson can use to have a real conversation and dynamically prove an ROI in the meeting
We are having more and more clients move towards active content which helps clients make quicker decisions. Buyers can learn anything they want online, but if a salesperson can give them information that they can’t otherwise obtain from internet searches, they’ll immediately become a crucial resource for the client.
Active content changes the conversion. Salespeople can now have conversations with the buyer that are applicable to the buyer in their unique position. If you have any questions about incorporating active content into your sales meetings, contact 4DSales at 844-332-3444.